Silver PLA/PHA Filament for 3D Printing
Silver PLA/PHA filament for 3D Printing. What is Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA)
Our silver PLA/PHA filament, just like the more common PLA, is a plastic that originates from natural sources. It is composed of PLA (polylactic acid) and PHA (polyhydroxyalkanoate) which combined result in a more resistant, strong material which is not easily broken, like PLA.
PHA is a bio-polyester, 100% biodegradable, which provides firmness and pressure tolerance.
In the field of 3D printing, using PLA has been widespread, because it does not involve the risks associated with ABS; however, ABS is still used to make durable parts, due to ignorance, exposing users to toxic odors and affects our environment because it is not biodegradable.
When we bend or yield to pressure an object printed with PLA, we get two results: it either breaks or it develops a whitish mark where it will eventually break, as the flexibility and strength of this material is very low.
Now with the new blend of PLA/PHA, we can continue printing while avoiding the risks of ABS and also obtaining a more firm, durable and a good range of flexible parts. The PLA/PHA is ideal for rapid prototyping, which need to be subjected to some kind of force, as well as utilitarian pieces.
Our silver PLA/PHA filament works with any printer type capable of printing with PLA and ensures excellent printing results, as it is firmer, impact resistant, less fragile and more flexible PLA.
Objects printed with our silver PLA/PHA filament have an excellent finish, matte and slightly crisp colors. It is available in wide range of colors. Until now there are 18 colors available and we constantly keep adding new colors.
The print temperature range is between 220 to 230 ° C. Hot platform does not require, but if it comes to large objects, a range of 55-70 ° C is recommended, as it helps to keep parts attached to it, preventing deformation. You can print directly or by applying the special adhesive, lacquer or white glue.
MeltInk 3D has high quality standards that are strictly enforced. We guarantee that all our filaments are 1.75mm in diameter with a tolerance of (+/-) 0.05mm and a roundness tolerance of 5%.
We understand the importance of keeping your filaments humidity free. Filaments that have come in contact with water, will affect the quality of your printing projects; therefore, we apply vacuum packaging to every filament to ensure your printing projects will be of the best quality.
Silver PLA/PHA Filament for 3D Printing Features and Benefits
- It is 100% biodegradable. Respects the environment. Create nontoxic pieces that may be in contact with water or food.
- Does not emit harmful gases; on the contrary, it gives off a pleasant candy smell.
- Our PLA/PHA filament works with any printer that supports PLA.
- The printed pieces with PLA/PHA are stronger than the pieces printed with PLA, have greater impact and stress resistance.
- If you want to print a durable piece, without the disadvantages of ABS, PLA/PHA filament will be the best choice.
- An object of PLA/PHA is less prone to deformation and breaking an object of PLA, as it can support relative weight range and have some flexibility.
- The printed objects with our PLA/PHA filament have a slightly dull finish; the color is very clear and homogeneous texture.
- Our PLA/PHA filament is available in a wide range of colors. Until now 18 and constantly keep adding new colors
- If we want to improve the appearance of the surface of the printed object with our PLA / PHA filament, we can polish, sand, or soften it with acetone.
- The recommended print temperature is between 220-230 ° C.
- You can print directly or by applying the special adhesive, lacquer or white glue.
- No hot platform at the base, but if the object will print large a temperature between 55-70 ° C, is recommended to prevent warping.
|3,333.33m (10,936.12 ft)|
|Net filament weight|
|8 1/4in x 8 1/4in x 3 1/2in|
|Suggested printing temperatures|
|200mm (7 9/10 in)|
|67mm (2 3/5 in)|
|50.8 mm(2 in)|