Red ABS Filament for 3D Printing
Red ABS filament for 3D Printing. What is Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) is a thermoplastic material. It is deformed in high temperatures. It is a petroleum derivative. It is recyclable, if pulverized, it can be reused, but it is not biodegradable, so it produces toxic waste that harms our environment.
To avoid negative ecological implications that derive from their use, we invite you to deliver ABS waste to recycling centers.
We offer this red ABS filament, as it has specific applications, since any part required to be machined, needs to be subjected to weight, stretching, anchor drilling, polishing, etc; must be made from ABS.
ABS filament provides printed pieces, a high impact resistance. For us to have a concrete idea, parts of “lego” we all use in our childhood, are made of ABS, we are all witnesses of its resistance.
Currently, red ABS filament is used to make specific parts or prototypes, which will be subjected to force or tension and relatively high or low temperatures. It tolerates without deforming, temperatures between 20 and 80 °C. It is a very important material because it remains unchanged while facing many demands. It produces parts that are solid, strong, machinable and with a small range of flexibility. So it is widely used in the industry. Most plastic objects around us are made of ABS.
In the world of 3D printing today, ABS is one of the most widely used materials. It is important to extend the technical knowledge to learn to differentiate and determine the most suitable material that best suits our needs.
We should not take unnecessary risks, and respect for our environment should be paramount when choosing a material. ABS coexists with other substitute materials such as PLA, PLA/PHA and while their applications are very similar, one is more suitable than another depending on the purpose.
Its necessary to highlight the importance of using ABS in an open space with ventilation and using a hot platform at a temperature of between 80 and 110 °C is indispensable. Also for perfect pieces it is preferable that your printer is not exposed to direct air currents, or is closed, to prevent warping.
MeltInk 3D has high quality standards that are strictly enforced. We guarantee that all our filaments are 1.75mm in diameter with a tolerance of (+/-) 0.05mm and a roundness tolerance of 5%.
We understand the importance of keeping your filaments humidity free. Filaments that have come in contact with water, will affect the quality of your printing projects; therefore, we apply vacuum packaging to every filament to ensure your printing projects will be of the best quality.
Red ABS Filament for 3D Printing. Features and Benefits
- If the printed object will be subjected to considerable strain or weight, our ABS filament, is the most appropriate.
- It is recyclable, we avoid polluting the environment by carrying ABS waste to recycling centers, which can be converted to new filaments.
- Printing with ABS filament, produces very solid and durable objects.
- The objects printed with our ABS filament have a matte finish and imperfections can enhance or soften surfaces with polished or acetone.
- We can change the look of the pieces created with ABS. They can be subjected to physical (temperature changes), machining (drilling, gluing or painted) or chemical processes (acetone bath).
- The recommended print temperature is between 220 and 250 °C.
- Although generally the ABS is offered in rather basic colors, we offer a wide range of them.
- It is mandatory to use hot platform at the base, at a temperature between 90 and 110 °C
|3,333.33m (10,936.12 ft)|
|Net filament weight|
|1.43kg (3.15 lbs)|
|8 1/4in x 8 1/4in x 3 1/2in|
|Suggested printing temperatures|
|220oC – 240oC|
|200mm (7 9/10 in)|
|67mm (2 3/5 in)|
|50.8 mm(2 in)|